Frequently Asked Questions
Ticket Office Location
In the lobby of the Ferguson Center Peebles Theatre on the campus of Christopher Newport University.
1 Avenue of the Arts
Newport News, VA 23606
Ticket Office Hours
Due to the pandemic, in-person ticket sales have been suspended until further notice.
Hours (under normal operations)
- Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where is will-call located?
Will-call is located at the Diamonstein Concert Hall ticket window, and is open 90 minutes prior to the performance.
Is there a drop-off area?
Due to the pandemic, valet parking has been suspended until further notice.
A convenient drop-off area is located in the Ferguson Center loop, directly in front of the Diamonstein Concert Hall.
Under normal operations, there are a limited number of valet parking spaces at most performances, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The valet parking fee is $20 per car.
Can I bring my own snacks or beverages?
Due to the pandemic, concession sales are suspended until further notice.
Under normal operations, a variety of snacks and beverages are available for purchase in the lobby. Food is not permitted inside the theater.
What happens if I'm running late?
For consideration of artists and patrons, anyone arriving while a performance is in progress will be seated only at times designated by the artist and their management.
Can I take pictures or videos?
Photos and videography are not permitted.
Policies and Procedures During the Pandemic
Christopher Newport University’s Ferguson Center for the Performing Arts strives to provide the best possible customer experience while providing a safe and healthy environment for all. In response to the pandemic, we have adjusted building policies and procedures in accordance with CDC, Virginia Department of Health and CNU guidelines. Please note the following:
- Golf cart shuttle service to and from the parking garage has been suspended until further notice. The Ferguson Center loop is available for convenient drop-off/pick-up, and patrons are welcome to park in the new lot located directly in front of the Ferguson Center, or in any campus lot after 5 p.m..
- Valet parking is suspended until further notice.
- Guests two years and older must wear a face mask covering both the nose and mouth at all times while inside the venue. Patrons are also asked to maintain physical distancing as recommended by the CDC. To that end, markers have been placed on the floor to ensure that a distance of at least 6 feet apart is maintained while walking or standing in line. All patron seating in the Diamonstein Concert Hall is physically distanced.
- Temperature checks are required for entry.
- Patrons will be directed from the entrance doors directly to their seats.
- Congregating in the lobby is prohibited.
- Lobby concessions sales are suspended until further notice.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are numerous and conveniently located throughout the venue.
- There will be no intermission period during a performance.
- Guided, staggered audience dismissal procedures will be implemented by Ferguson Center staff to avoid bottlenecks upon exit.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place and include the frequent disinfecting (with CDC recommended products) of high-touch surfaces including handrails, stair railings, door handles, elevator buttons and restroom areas before, during and after events. Deep cleaning of the venue now includes electrostatic disinfection.