Services For Patrons With Disabilities
The Ferguson Center was built under the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) and meets the standards set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is our intent to exceed standard requirements and provide exceptional service for our patrons with disabilities.
To purchase accessible seating, visit the Ferguson Center Ticket Office, call (757) 594-8752 or email [email protected]. Notice of special needs must be addressed at time of purchase so that we may best accommodate you. All accessible seats are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information regarding our services or to make suggestions on how we may better serve you, please contact Patron Services at (757) 594-8752.
The Ferguson Center has partnered with KultureCity to improve our ability to assist and accommodate guests with sensory needs. Our objective is to provide an inclusive and seamless experience for all guests for all events including those with sensory needs. We strive to raise awareness of the needs and challenges faced by individuals with sensory processing disorders by supplying our staff with continuous training and by offering the resources and accommodations below to our guests.
Sensory bags containing special KCVIP badges, fidget tools, noise-canceling headphones and other resources are available for checkout (at no cost by leaving an ID) at our Arts for All table located in the lobby.
Weighted Lap Pads
Weighted lap pads are also available upon request (at no cost by leaving an ID) at our Arts for All table located in the lobby.
Wheelchair accessible, limited mobility and companion seating is available in various locations and price zones throughout the venue. One companion seat is available per patron. Purchase tickets at the ticket office or by calling (757) 594-8752.
- As a courtesy, a limited number of complimentary wheelchairs are available at all performances. Speak to a member of House Management upon arrival.
- Handicap Parking is available in the parking garage.
- Shuttle service, via electric carts, is available at all performances to and from the parking garage. Both shuttle service and parking are generously sponsored by Priority Automotive.
- Paid valet parking is available at most performances for all patrons. If valet parking is not available, disabled patrons may park in the drop-off circle. These services must be arranged at least 14 days prior to the performance. Contact the ticket office at (757) 594-8752. Valet service is generously sponsored by Casey Automotive Group.
An FM assisted listening system, including headsets and induction loop devices, is available at performances on a first-come, first-served basis. Speak to a member of House Management upon your arrival.
An American Sign Language interpreter can be provided at some performances with at least two weeks notice. If we are unable to provide an interpreter, a complimentary companion seat will be given to a patron-provided interpreter. For more information, contact the ticket office at (757) 594-8752.
Open Captioning is available during select Broadway performances. Please call the ticket office at (757) 594-8752 for more information.
- TTY Service – Patrons may contact the Ferguson Center by using the Virginia Relay at (800) 828-1120.
- Seating for the visually impaired is available at the Ferguson Center ticket office or by calling (757) 594-8752.
- Large print and Braille playbills are available upon request by contacting [email protected] or (757) 594-8752 at least 21 days prior to the performance.
In keeping with Christopher Newport’s promise to provide access and opportunity to a diverse community, the Ferguson Center for the Arts is committed to providing accessible Web content and resources to ensure all people with disabilities have equal opportunity to access and utilize the information. We are currently addressing any outstanding accessibility issues identified by our third-party vendor, and are working diligently to remediate as quickly as possible.
For Web content not accessible at this time, an equally effective alternative format will be provided. To request Web content in an alternative format, or if you have comments or suggestions on accessibility, please contact us at (757) 594-8752 or by email at [email protected].